Mace blades are the membrane that surrounds nutmeg. The dried nutmeg seed is found inside the nutmeg fruit. The web-like structure that surrounds the nutmeg seed breaks apart into slivers and those called blades.
Whole mace blades are often used to add flavor to soups and stews, but much like bay leaves they are removed from the dish before serving. Mace blades give a nice warmth and lemony sweetness to dishes. A little goes a long way.
Questions and Answers
Do You Gift Wrap?
- We can gift wrap any items you might need. Select gift wrap or gift box at the checkout.
The gift box is more suitable for a few items, this is our luxury branded gift
box. All of our pre-made hampers already include a hamper box in their price so
no need to add at the checkout.
- At the check out there is a space to leave a
gift note, we will handwrite & add this for you. Please note our gifting
options do not appear if you use the Shop Pay accelerated checkout.
Do You Deliver?
- We deliver nationwide, €7.95 & we deliver ourselves
Locally (Only to addresses starting with Eircode F91) every Wednesday &
- We also offer click & collect in-store. For Local Delivery -
your order must be placed the night before our local delivery days.
Where is your store?
- You can find our store at 3 Castle St, Sligo, Ireland.
Call us on 071-9143022.
- You can email us at email@example.com. We are open Tuesdays - Saturdays 8 am-4.30 pm