Start your day the right way with our Granola, lots of nuts, seeds, and berries it is a great filling start to the morning or makes a delicious snack throughout the day.
700g Rolled Oats (Killbeggan)
250 ml Runny Honey (Local)
100ml Coconut Oil (Biona Organic)
150g Mixed Dried Fruit - Sultanas, Cranberries, Apricots, Dates
100g Desiccated Coconut
100g Mixed Seeds - Chia, Sesame, Pumpkin, Sunflower
50g Flaked Almonds
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre Heat oven to 180 deg.
- Warm the coconut oil gently in the microwave until its liquid
- Put the Oats, Coconut, Coconut Oil, Almonds, Vanilla and Honey in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture out on a large baking tray lined with baking paper, use two baking trays if needed.
- Bake in the oven for 20min tossing halfway through until golden brown all over.
- Remove from oven and put back into the large bowl and add the dried fruit, seeds and mix well
- Let the mixture cool and place in an airtight container until needed.
We serve this with Greek yogurt and chopped banana or just cold milk.
This recipe is easily doubled - feel free to add any variation of your favorite dried fruit, seeds or nuts to the mix, even a little cinnamon