These are a big seller every week here in the shop, delicious straight from the fridge, the perfect chocolate, nutty energy hit you need at any time of the day. I have added in the brands we use which are available in store and work really well for us.
2 cups Jumbo Rolled Oats - Killbeggan
1/2 cup Cacao Powder- True Naturals
1/2 cup Chia Seeds - True Naturals
3/4 cup Honey - Knocknarea
250g Smooth Peanut Butter - Biona Organic
Pinch Sea Salt
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl - Oats, Chia, Cacao, Salt and mix together.
- In a saucepan add the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla
- Heat slowly, using a whisk all the time to take out any lumps.
- When smooth add to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated
- Divide out into portions - we measure each one - and roll into balls, place on a tray and cool in the fridge.
- Optional extra- we melt a little dark chocolate and drizzle over as an extra treat!
These keep really well in an airtight container in the fridge, ready for snacking! A little tip - make sure not to overheat the peanut butter mixture!